Friday, July 21, 2006

Stuff like my Saiyuki craze, YY's bouncy bouncy and her weird looking prawns, Sonya's wit ("Coffee awakens the senses but sex jolts your entire system") and lots of Guidey stuff. One thing about Guides that I know I'll treasure was Mynah. Those people, especially my leaders, watched me grow up, literally and figuratively. They kept on pushing me right from the beginning, to aim high and yet to know my limits, to be proud and yet humble. Some of them remain very real to me while others failed to look beyond that Secondary 1 Guide that was ignorant.
I just felt very nostalgic because I know my piano lesson tomorrow will be the last one I have with my teacher, unless I fail my Grade 8 which is very possible. My teacher of 9 years and 6 grades. (Because I took exams every year except when I had my PSLE, Os and As) I know I've complained about her, but she bothered to get to know me, she taught me to relax my fingers and to really understand music and appreciate it. She does want me to teach some of her kids though as she's opening a music agency which reminds me that people like Hwee, Yux and JiaYing and YY if you want to teach you let me know because she's looking for more instructors.
You remember because it hurts, you hurt because you remember.
Some memories are best left alone.
Some things disappoint you because the way you remembered them isn't the way things are like at present.
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory -
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.
Rose leaves, when the rose is dead,
Are heaped for the beloved's bed;
And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone,
Love itself shall slumber on.
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
How apt.
It isn't a matter of being deserving, because life is such that you don't always get what you deserve.